1 package Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage
1 large egg, room temperature
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 packages ravioli pasta dough
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Basil Ravioli:
1. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add 1 clove of the minced garlic and onions. Once onions become translucent, add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Simmer om medium-low heat while preparing ravioli.
2. Bring 2-3 quarts water to boil while fixing the filling.
3. Combine all other ingredients in an electric blender until well mixed. Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling into each ravioli pocket. Seal edges with a touch of water.
4. Boil ravioli’s for approximately 5-7 minutes. Place ravioli’s into sauce and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6