2 (16 ounce) packages Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 pounds ricotta cheese
2 cups milk
1/2 cup bread crumbs (Italian or garlic seasoned)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
8 ounces shredded mozzarella
2 (26 ounce) jars tomato sauce
3 cups cooked rigatoni (cold)
1 diced onion
1 diced pepper
1 small can of mushrooms, diced
Extra virgin olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Rigatoni:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a pan, brown Premio Sausage in olive oil until fully cooked. Cool and dice up in chopper or slice.
2. While sausage is cooling, saute onions, peppers and mushrooms in the sausage oil; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, mix eggs, ricotta cheese and milk. Add bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.
4. Add rigatoni, cooled sausage, cooled peppers, onions and mushrooms to pan; mix well.
5. Coat the bottom of a large lasagna pan with tomato sauce. Add sauasge-vegetable mixture on top and place into preheated oven; cook for 45 minutes.
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8