Ingredients:3 red bell peppers, sliced
2 sweet onions, sliced
2 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Roasted Sausage:
1. Cut Premio Sausage into bite-size pieces and arrange in single layer in glass baking dish. Cover with sliced vegetables that have been tossed in olive oil; season all with salt, sugar and pepper.
2. Cover and roast in oven at 300 degrees (F) for 1 hour – this can also be done on the grill at 300 degrees (F).
3. Uncover and continue roasting until sausage and vegetables are golden, and sausage is cooked through (time will depend on size of sausage pieces).
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8