1 16-oz. package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup tomato sauce
2 oz. hot soppressata (dried salami), thinly sliced
2 oz. sweet soppressata (dried salami), thinly sliced
1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
2 Cubanelle peppers, thinly sliced
1/3 cup romano cheese, grated
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Print
How to make Sweet Sausage and Hot Soppressata and Fennel Grandma Pie:
1. Preheat oven to the highest possible setting. Position the rack in the lower area of the oven.
2. Place a nonstick skillet on the stove at medium-high heat.
3. Remove Premio Sweet Italian Sausage from the package. Cut casings. Squeeze sausage meat directly into the nonstick skillet. Cook Premio Sweet Italian Sausage for about five to seven minutes until thoroughly browned. Use a spatula or spoon to push sausage meat down and create small crumbles. Remove the cooked sausage from heat and set aside.
4. Cover a baking sheet in aluminum foil unless the baking sheet is nonstick. Spread pizza dough onto the baking sheet. Allow the dough to rise if needed according to pizza dough directions.
5. Top pizza dough evenly with mozzarella and parmesan cheese shreds. Use a spoon to drop dollops of tomato sauce over the mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Distribute Premio Sweet Italian Sausage crumbles evenly over the pizza dough, cheeses and tomato sauce.
6. Layer hot soppressata and sweet soppressata on top of the sausage crumbles. Layer fennel and Cubanelle peppers over soppressata. Finish by scattering romano cheese and drizzling extra virgin olive oil over the entire spicy soppressata and Premio Sweet Italian Sausage pizza.
7. Cook the sweet sausage and hot soppressata and fennel pizza pie for about 25 minutes until the dough is golden and crisp. Serve immediately while it’s still warm.