3 pounds Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
1 cup medium grain white rice
2 chicken bouillion cubes
2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon black pepper
4 (12 ounce) cans tomato soup
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Sausage Cabbage Rolls:
1. The night before making the rolls, freeze the whole head of cabbage. Next morning, defrost in a strainer in the sink. Cut out core so that the leaves come right off the head.
2. Set aside 3 cups cold water and bring to a boil. Add rice and bouillion. Reduce heat and cook on low for 15 minutes, covered.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl add, the Premio sausage, salt and black pepper.
4. Once rice is cooked, let cool for about 20 minutes, then add to the Premio sausage mixture; mix well.
5.Lay out the cabbage leaves and fill them with a tbsp of filling. As you fill each one, roll very tight and tuck in the ends like an egg roll.
6. When all the rolls are are filled, place them in a pressure cooker and cover them with tomato soup. Add 1/2 can water. Cover and cook on high when the top starts giggling turn down to low. Cook a total of 1 hour.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6