Ingredients:1 (10 to 14 pound) fresh turkey, cleaned, rinsed, patted dry and lightly seasoned with sea salt and pepper. Bath cavity and under the breast skin with with room temperature butter
2 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
6 cups croutons
1 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 cup butter
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Thanksgiving Turkey with Sweet Potato Sausage Stuffing:
1. Combine mashed sweet potatoes, croutons, chopped celery and chopped onion.
2. Cut Premio Sausage into 1-inch pieces; brown in frying pan and add to mixture. Add seasonings and melted butter.
3. Mix well and spoon lightly into the cavity of a 10 pound ready-to cook-turkey. Close openings with skewers and lace.
4. Bake turkey according to package directions, basting and seasoning with pan drippings. Remove from oven, let cool and serve.
SERVES: 6-8SERVES: 6-8