2 16-ounce packages Premio Sweet Italian sausage
1 16-ounce box penne pasta (any brand)
2 8-ounce jars Alfredo sauce
1 8-ounce container low-fat sour cream (any brand)
1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese (any brand)
1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese Print
How to make Three-Cheese Italian Sausage Alfredo Bake:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare a large casserole dish by spraying it with cooking spray or lining it with aluminum foil.
3. Remove casings from each package of Premio Sweet Italian sausage by carefully running a sharp knife along the casings’ length. Remove by peeling them away from the sausage meat. Then place the sausage meat onto a waiting plate. Discard sausage casings.
4. Pour the olive oil into a large skillet. Turn the heat to a low-medium setting. After one minute, stir in the sausage meat. Cook for five to seven minutes until the sausage is evenly browned, then remove the skillet from the heat. Drain any excess fat using a ladle or baster for safety and clean-up ease. Then place the skillet on a waiting trivet or unheated burner.
5. Add water to a large pot, filling the pot halfway. Bring the water to a boil and add the penne. Follow the pasta’s package instructions and cook it to your desired tenderness. After the penne cooks, drain it in a colander. Pour the cooked penne back into its original large pot.
6. Add your cooked Italian sausage to the penne. Toss to mix it evenly. Slowly pour Alfredo sauce on top, followed by sour cream, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir the mixture.
7. Add garlic, eggs and parsley to the pot. Blend all ingredients using a wooden or plastic spoon.
8. Pour the sausage-penne mix into the casserole dish. Scatter mozzarella cheese evenly across the top of casserole.
9. Place the casserole dish in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Sausage should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
10. Serve your 3-cheese Italian sausage Alfredo bake hot with crusty Italian bread. Enjoy!