1 (16 ounce) package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1 large egg
1 (16 ounce) package puff pastry squares, thawed
3/4 cup pizza sauce
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped pineapple tidbits
1/4 cup green pepper, finely diced
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Three-Point Sausage and Pineapple Puffs:
1. Cut Premio Sausage into1-inch slices. Place into a 9-inch skillet and cook, stirring over medium heat, until sausage has browned on all sides; drain off any fat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
2. Beat 1 large egg with 2 tablespoons water. Using a pastry brush, moisten right and bottom edges of each puff pastry square with egg mixture.
3. Top center of each puff pastry with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, pineapples, peppers, and sausage. Fold over, forming a triangle. Press firmly down on edges with fingers or fork to make sure edge is completely sealed.
4. Place sandwiches on cookie sheets, 1-inch apart, and brush tops with egg mixture; pierce with fork to vent. Place into preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.