5 strips of bacon, thick-cut
2 chopped shallots
2 minced cloves garlic
3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Butter for greasing
1/4 cup mayo
1/3 cup sour cream
2 cups mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 full pita bread
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Warm Artichoke, Premio Sausage and Bacon Dip:
Craving a delicious dip to enjoy on game day, at a holiday party, when you’re entertaining friends or just because? Complete with healthy avocado, crispy bacon and tasty sweet Italian chicken sausage, this recipe will tempt your taste buds with full flavor and be the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
1. To make your pita chips, place an oven rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400°F. Combine cumin and chili powder in a small bowl. Drizzle your pita bread with 2 tsp. olive oil and sprinkle with the spice mixture, then cut each into eight wedges and arrange on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
2. Grease a baking dish or deep-dish pie pan with your butter. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute your chicken sausage until firm and thoroughly browned, breaking into small pieces and stirring.
3. Transfer cooked sausage to another dish, pat dry with a paper towel and crumble into smaller pieces, leaving the extra oil and liquid in the pan. Add your bacon pieces to the pan, cooking for about eight minutes until crispy, then drain on paper towels, crumble and add to the dish with chicken sausage.
4. In the same skillet, add shallots, artichokes, garlic, salt and pepper and saute over medium-high for about eight minutes. Artichokes should be slightly browned, and shallots should be translucent.
5. Add cooked vegetables, mayo, mascarpone, sour cream, lemon juice and about 3/4 of the meat mixture to a food processor and pulse until combined but chunky.
6. Pour the dip into your greased baking dish and top with the rest of the crumbled sausage and bacon. Bake for 10 minutes until warmed but not boiling.
7. Serve with your baked pita chips and enjoy!
Love the flavor our Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage With Kale adds to your dip?
Try all our other delicious Premio sausage varieties by searching for our products in a store near you.