1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, crumbled into small pieces
3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms
2 shallots, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup half-and-half
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 unbaked (9-inch) pie crust
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Wild Mushroom and Sausage Quiche:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add mushrooms, Premio Sausage and shallots to skillet; cook on medium-high heat until sausage and mushrooms are browned, and shallots are tender. Drain off sausage grease and add parsley to skillet.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add in half-and-half, cheese and salt. Pour into mushroom-sausage mixture; mix well.
3. Pour mixture into the pie shell and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until crust is browned and filling is set. Remove and allow to cool before serving and enjoying.
SERVES: 6-10SERVES: 6-10