1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage Meat
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup uncooked rice (not instant rice)
4 carrots, peeled and shredded
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon canola oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Barbecue Roasted Chickpeas with Crumbled Sausage:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (F).
2. Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are baking, pour the chickpeas into a bowl. Add the barbecue sauce, stirring and tossing the chickpeas until they are evenly coated.
4. When the potatoes are done, move them to one side of the baking sheet. Spread the chickpeas evenly onto the baking sheet, as well. Bake the potatoes and chickpeas for 30 to 40 minutes. The potatoes will be done when a fork can easily pierce them, and the chickpeas are done when they are browned and crunchy.
5. While the potatoes and chickpeas are baking, cook the rice and sausage meat according to the directions on their packaging.
6. Put the canola oil in a large skillet, then add the sausage, cooked rice, potatoes, carrots and red bell pepper. Saute the mixture until the carrots and bell peppers are soft.
7. Divide up the rice mixture among bowls. Top with the chickpeas and serve.