1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 medium yellow onion, cut into slices
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
Olive oil for brushing
4 brioche buns
8 slices bacon
1 1/2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage & BBQ Bacon Burger with Smoked Gouda:
1. Preheat your grill.
2. While the grill is heating up, cook all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat. Let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, remove it from the heat, and set it aside.
3. Cook the bacon in a grill pan until crispy — about 10 to 15 minutes. When the bacon is done, transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels, and set it aside. Drain the fat from the pan.
4. In the grill pan, heat the olive oil, and saute the sliced onions for 5 minutes or just until they turn translucent. Season the onions with the salt and black pepper. Add the hot sauce and beef broth, stirring to combine. Let the mixture cook for 1 minute, then remove it from the heat. Set it aside.
5. Form the sausage meat into 4 equally sized patties. Season them generously, on both sides, with salt and black pepper.
6. Grill the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or medium, depending on your preference.
7. Brush some olive oil onto the brioche buns. On the other side of the grill from the burgers, toast the buns for 2 minutes. Remove them from the grill.
8. Right before the burgers are done, top each patty with a quarter of the Gouda, and allow it to melt. It should take about 1 minute.
9. Remove the burgers from the grill, and put them on the brioche buns. Top each burger with onions, 2 slices of bacon and barbecue sauce.
Once you’ve made these delicious burgers and tasted their smokey flavor, you’ll be making them again soon. They’re definitely not the average burger that you’d find at a picnic.
Be sure to use our store locator today if you need help finding Premio products at your nearest retailer.