1 package Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 fresh mango
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Ciabatta or similar bread
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Birdman's Summer "Swish" Sausage Sandwich:
1. In an oven or on the grill, cook Premio Sausage (if cooking in oven, rub with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees (F) for 20 minutes).
2. While sausage is cooking, cut the mango and pineapple into strips. After sausage is done cooking, cut in half lengthwise.
3. Place bread in the oven, cut in half inside and face down on a baking sheet. Toast bread for 3-5 minutes.
4. Mix mayonnaise and cilantro together in a bowl and spread on top of sandwich. Layer bottom of bread with mango and pineapple. Add the sausage on top of the mango and pineapple. Allow sandwiches to sit before cutting in half, lengthwise, and enjoy!