2 pounds Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, grilled, cooked and chopped 12 Yukon gold potatoes
1/4 cup buffalo-style hot sauce
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Olive oil, for rubbing and brushing
Freshly ground black pepper
Sour cream and chopped chives, for serving
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Buffalo Bacon Chicken Sausage Potato Skins:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Prick potatoes all over with a fork and rub with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Place potatoes on a rack set in a rimmed baking sheet and roast until very soft when squeezed and skin is crisp, about 60-75 minutes. Let cool.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees (F). Halve potatoes and scoop out flesh (save for another use), leaving 1/4 inch border attached to skins. Brush both sides of potatoes with oil and season insides with salt and pepper; return to rack. Roast in oven until skins are crisp and flesh is golden, about 5-7 minutes per side.
3. In a bowl, combine the bacon., Premio Chicken Sausage and buffalo sauce; mix well. Spoon some of the mixture into each of the baked potato skins. Top each with cheese and return to the oven to cook until melted. Serve topped with sour cream, chives and black pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4