8 ounces Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup sour cream
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
6 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded and divided
1/3 cup Poblano pepper, minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Additional minced fresh cilantro, for garnish
1 bag Party ‘tizers Super Grains Dippin’ Chips
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Cheesy Southwestern Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Add Premio Sausage Meat and cook until no longer pink, approximately 3-4 minutes, being sure to break up the sausage into small pieces while it cooks; drain.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese. Add in 4 ounces pepper jack cheese, Poblano pepper, red bell pepper, onion, cumin, smoked paprika, cilantro, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper and reserved sausage; mix to fully combine. Transfer to reserved baking dish.
4. Top with remaining 2 ounces pepper jack cheese. Place into preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until heated through and edges are bubbly. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with Super Grains Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 3-4SERVES: 3-4