1 cup Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
1/8 tsp. poultry seasoning
8-10 egg roll wraps
1 cup cranberry sauce
8-10 slices of brie cheese
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Chicken Sausage, Cranberry and Brie Egg Rolls:
Everyone thinks of Chinese takeout when we mention egg rolls, but we bet you didn’t know you could serve them around Thanksgiving as a seasonal appetizer, too! Stuffed with cranberry sauce, juicy chicken sausage and creamy brie cheese, these egg rolls are unlike anything you’ve tasted before.
1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook your sausage meat until well-browned and slightly crispy, stirring occasionally and keeping crumbled in small pieces. Drain, place in a small bowl and sprinkle with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Stir to coat evenly.
2. Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper. On a clean surface, lay out your egg roll wrappers and fill each with a tablespoon of chicken sausage meat, one or two teaspoons of cranberry sauce and a slice of brie.
3. Brush water along the edges of the wraps, then tuck in the sides and roll them tightly like burritos. Seal the edges of the egg rolls with a bit more water and lay them seam-side down on your baking sheet.
3. Brush or spray the tops of your egg rolls with oil or cooking spray, then bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
4. While your egg rolls bake, combine 1/2 cup cranberry sauce with your honey and dijon mustard and blend in a blender until smooth.
5. Remove your egg rolls from the oven and serve warm with the cranberry mustard for a tasty Thanksgiving treat that will become your new favorite.
Savor the taste of our Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage? You’ll love all our Italian sausage varieties and world flavors!
Search for Premio sausage in a store near you.