4 ounces Premio Chorizo Sausage, casings removed
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 cup long grain rice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
_ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chorizo Skillet Rice:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and Premio Sausage, until onion is tender and chorizo is cooked and crumbled, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in dry rice; sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth and stir. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato, cilantro and salt & pepper, to taste if desired. Serve immediately.