2-3 links Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
1 cup sherry or white wine (optional)
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Creamy Pasta with Sausage and Mushrooms:
1. Start by making the pasta noodles according to the directions on the packaging. Save 1 cup of the pasta water while draining the noodles.
2. As you are boiling the pasta, heat a large pan over medium or high heat and pour in your oil.
3. Add in the Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links and cook for roughly 10-12 minutes, or until the sausage links are browned. Then cut into rounds.
4. Add in your minced garlic and cook 1 minute. Then add your chopped mushrooms. Continue to stir for the next 5 minutes while everything is cooking, ensuring the garlic doesn’t burn.
5. Pour in the sherry or white wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed halfway.
6. Stir in your cream and ½ cup of the reserved pasta water. Next, you’ll stir in the salt, ground pepper, fresh parsley and Parmesan to the mixture.
7. Add the pasta to the pan and toss well.
8. To serve, top the pasta with your fresh parsley and grated Parmesan.