1/2 pound Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
16-ounce package of gnocchi pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup homemade or jarred pesto
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
½ cup half-and-half cream
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Creamy Pesto with Shrimp and Sausage Over Gnocchi:
1. In a large pot, boil gnocchi pasta as directed on package. Strain, rinse and place back in pot.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Stir in the shrimp and cook them until they are pink — it should take about five minutes. Transfer the cooked shrimp to the pot with pasta.
3. Place the sausage in the same skillet, cooking and crumbling over medium heat until lightly browned. Once cooked, add to the pasta mixture and stir over low heat. Add the pesto and cream to the pasta, meat and shrimp mixture and gently toss to combine and coat ingredients.
4. Once the mixture is thoroughly heated and integrated, scatter Parmesan cheese on top and serve for a delicious date-night dinner!