1 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 (8 ounce) bag baby spinach
1/4 cup scallions, sliced in medallions
1 large navel orange (equaling at least 1 cup of fruit)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon orange zest
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Crisp and Tangy Grilled Summer Sausage Salad:
1. Shave fennel with a mandolin or very sharp knife. Place in bowl of very cold water to keep crisp and white. Wash and dry spinach.
2. Chop scallions into 1/8-inch scallion rounds.
3. Zest orange; reserve for dressing. Skin orange; cut white off sides and then cut oranges into 1/2-inch circles. Cut each circle in half.
4. To make the dressing, whisk oil, vinegar, orange zest, salt, and pepper together.
5. Using a gas grill, grill Premio Chicken Sausage until done, about 25-30 minutes. Remove and cut sausages on the bias into 1/2-inch slices. Drain and pat dry fennel.
6. Arrange salad on four plates: spinach, followed by fennel, oranges and then one sausage per person. Sprinkle scallions on top and drizzle dressing on top; serve.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4