Ingredients:4 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
4 slices polenta, cut 1/2-inch thick from a precooked roll
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 thin slices sweet onion
4 roasted red bell pepper halves, patted dry
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black peppers
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Snipped flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Festive Florentine Sausage Stacks:
1. Brush Premio Sausage Patties, mushroom caps and polenta slices with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place patties, caps and slices on baking sheet 8-inches from heat source and broil for 10-12 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove baking sheet from oven, leaving broiler on.
2. Make 4 stacks, starting with a mushroom cap; top with polenta slice, followed by a sausage patty, onion slice, pepper half and slice of mozzarella cheese. Broil to melt the cheese and heat through, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Combine the remaining olive oil, vinegar, pepper, salt, and zest. Place each stack on a plate, drizzle with the vinaigrette, garnish and serve.