4 Premio Mild Italian Sausage links, casings removed
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
1/4 cup plum tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons cucumber, chopped
1 tablespoon green onion, minced
1 tablespoon black olives, sliced
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
8 small romaine lettuce leaves
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grecian Grilled Sausage Satays:
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Premio Sausage, almonds, garlic, oregano, cinnamon, pepper and lemon juice, until well combined. Divide into 8 pieces and shape each into a 4-inch by 1 1/2-inch rectangle.
2. Grill over medium-high heat on an oiled grill rack, covered, for 6 minutes, turning once or until cooked through.
3. Combine yogurt, plum tomato, cucumber, green onion, black olives and lemon zest in a small bowl; mix well.
4. Place each sausage satay in a lettuce leaf, then spoon yogurt mixture over top.