1 package Premio Italian Sausage with Tomato, Garlic & Rosemary
1 1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
1 large red onion, cut into rounds
6 Ciabatta bread rolls (or rustic country bread, or buns)
6 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons chipotle peppers with 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
6 tablespoons honey
2 firm, ripe avocados, pitted and sliced
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Chorizo Melts with Honey-Chipotle Cream:
1. Remove the casings from the Premio Sausage and place sausage in a mixing bowl; work it with your hands until well combined. Form sausage mixture into 6 thick patties, the length of the buns. Make a pocket in the center of each patty and fill with about one teaspoon cheese, and cover cheese with meat.
2. Oil grate of the grill with olive oil and heat grill to medium. Grill patties for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Brush olive oil on onion slices and grill until cooked through. Brush olive oil on cut sides of each bun and grill them on side of grill until golden brown.
3. Whisk together, or in a blender, the sour cream, peppers and honey; taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
4. To assemble, spread dollops of chipotle-honey cream on buns, top with patties, avocados and grilled onions, and close the sandwiches and enjoy! (Note: Guacamole can be substituted for avocado slices).
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6