Ingredients:8 ounces store bought, prepared refrigerated polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and veins removed
1/2 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup peeled cucumber, chopped and seeds removed
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 teaspoon capers, drained and chopped
2-ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
2 Greek peppers, seeds removed and minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Additional fresh basil, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Italian Chicken Sausage Polenta Panzanella Salad:
1. Preheat gas grill. Place Premio Sausage on grill over medium heat and grill for 25-30 minutes. Using tongs, turn links often, until golden brown. Remove from grill and set aside to cool, for about 5 minutes. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Brush slices of polenta with vegetable oil. Place polenta onto grill and cook until lightly brown. Turn slices over and cook second side in the same manner. Set aside to cool slightly before cutting into 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Place the bell pepper onto grill and cook until it begins to soften and turn lightly brown, turning once while cooking; set aside to cool slightly before chopping.
4. In a large bowl, place the sausage, polenta, pepper, tomato, cucumber, onion, capers, feta cheese, olives, Greek peppers and basil; toss to combine.
5. In a small bowl, place the garlic, mustard, vinegar and lemon juice; whisk to combine. Add the olive oil and whisk fully, to combine. Pour over sausage mixture, toss to coat and garnish with additional fresh basil, and enjoy.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6