1 pound Premio Sweet Luganiga Sausage
1/2 cup virgin olive oil
1 cup limeade
2 cloves garlic diced
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
Chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
6 (6″) crusty Italian rolls
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Grilled Premio Sausage and Shrimp Sausage Po' Boys:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil and limeade. Once emulsified, whisk in the garlic, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and marinate for 1-2 hours (do not marinate for more than 2 hours or the acid in the limeade will begin to cook the shrimp).
2. Prepare a charcoal fire. Once the fire is hot, grill Premio Sausage until cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Drain shrimp from marinade (do not dry them). Place shrimp on grill and grill until pink and opaque, approximately 3 minutes per side (do not overcook). Set shrimp aside.
4. Slice bread to open; grill bread for approximately 1 minute.
5. To assemble the sandwich: Put mayo on one side of the roll. Top with baby lettuce. Cut sausage into slices, or when using the patty, cut in half to fit on roll. Alternatively place sausage and shrimp on the lettuce. Top with chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6