- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Hot Spicy Kale Dip:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Butter a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil over high-heat. Generously salt water and return to boil.
3. Add kale and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool. Squeeze water from kale until completely dry and finely chop (you should have about 2 1/2 cups of chopped kale). Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
4. Place Premio Sausage in a large skillet and cook, stirring until brown. Drain fat from skillet and transfer sausage to bowl with kale.
5. Melt 1 tablespoon butter and oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring until lightly brown and tender, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar to deglaze and transfer mushrooms to bowl with kale and sausage.
6. In a medium saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, whisking until thick and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Whisk in milk and cream. Increase heat to medium-high; cook until mixture just begins to boil.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, whisking often, for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup parmesan cheese and 1 cup Beaufort cheese. Stir in lemon zest, 2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
8. Transfer cheese mixture to bowl with kale mixture and mix until fully combined. Transfer kale mixture to prepared baking dish; top with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan and Beaufort cheeses.
9. Place into preheated oven and bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
10. Preheat broiler. Transfer baking dish to broiler and broil until browned and bubbly, about 1-2 minutes. Remove and serve with Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6