400 grams Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage (or your favorite Premio Italian Sausage variety)
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
3 cloves finely-minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup water
Approx. 1.5 meters of chitterlings
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Lebanese Sausages:
1. You’ll first need to prepare the chitterlings by washing and cleaning them thoroughly by opening and running cold water through them. You can then set them aside.
2. Place the ground sausage, lamb, pine nuts and spices into a food processor or blender and process everything together until the meat is ground together with the spices and pine nuts.
3. Place the mixture into a bowl and add vinegar, lemon juice and water. Knead the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
4. Tie one end of the chitterlings with thread and then fill with the mixture. Shape into sausages. Twist to form links every 10 cm. You’ll want to refrigerate the sausages for 1-2 hours.
5. Cut sausages at twists and grill or fry them to serve hot!