1/2 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage, crumbled
1 medium onion, diced
1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, washed
1/4 pound thin spaghetti, broken
6 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Lentil Stew:
1. Boil lentils in a heavy pot with 3 cups of water for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, saute Premio Sausage in a non-stick skillet until done. Remove cooked sausage and excess fat from pan.
3. In same skillet, saute onions until golden brown.
4. Add lentils, sausage, onion and chicken broth to the heavy stock pot, and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and continue to boil for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove large stems from spinach and cut into bite sized pieces. Add to stock pot and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, until finished.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4