2-3 links Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage
1 pound Tagliatelle or Farfalle pasta noodles
4 cups vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 small sweet onion
1 cup diced sweet cherry tomatoes
1 cup baby Portobello mushrooms
1 teaspoon fresh basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
A pinch of fresh parsley, for garnish
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make One-Pot Sausage & Mushroom Pasta:
1. In a large pot, add olive oil and Premio Sweet Italian Sausage links. Cook over medium heat until sausages are browned and have a firm texture.
2. Remove sausages from the pot and cut into even rounds before placing them back in the pot for a few more minutes of cooking.
3. As the sausage is browning, dice the sweet cherry tomatoes and mince the garlic cloves. Continue by dicing the onion into your preferred size and cut up the baby ‘bellas into bite-size pieces.
4. Once the sausage rounds are fully browned, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, fresh basil and dried oregano to the pot. Mix ingredients together, making sure all browned bits are scraped off the bottom of the pot.
5. Add in your vegetable broth and noodles and stir all ingredients together before placing a lid on the pot. Turn the heat on high so your mixture comes to a boil. When it has reached a steady boil, give the pasta a quick stir and then turn the heat back down to low. Be sure to place the lid back on the pot.
6. The pasta should simmer for another 15 minutes. Make sure it’s actually simmering! If it’s not, you may need to crank up the heat slightly.
7. During the 15 minutes of simmering, you’ll occasionally want to stir the pasta to make sure all the liquids are being absorbed by the noodles. You ideally want the noodles to be tender and have very little liquid left over.
8. To finish, stir in the fresh Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley. ENJOY!