6 ounces Premio Mild Italian Sausage, cut into small chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small Vidalia or red onion, sliced
2 cups red grapes, seedless
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped basil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1 cup chicken stock
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 1/4 tablespoon salt
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pasta With Sausage and Red Grapes:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Over medium heat, brown sausage in a large skillet for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking into chunks. When well-browned, set aside on a paper towel.
2. In the same skillet, add olive oil and cook garlic and onion on medium heat with a pinch of salt. Stir for 2-3 minutes until caramelized.
3. Add broth, grapes and pepper flakes to skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes until broth thickens and grapes begin to burst.
4. Place sausage back in skillet, stir to mix and turn off heat.
5. Add Farfalle pasta and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water, cook as pasta package directs and strain pasta. Add cooked pasta to skillet and cook over high, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 60 seconds or until pasta and sausage are hot and mixed well with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.