1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
1 large white onion, diced
1 tablesppon tomato paste
4 slices of bacon, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons pressed garlic
32 ounces chicken broth
1 large baking potato, diced
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup buttermilk (or light cream)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers (optional)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pig Tale Soup:
1. Brown Premio Sausage Meat in a Dutch oven or large pot. Hal way through browning process, add onions. Add tomato paste once onions are almost browned; set aside in a bowl.
2. Brown sliced bacon pieces; add to bowl.
3. Saute pressed garlic; add to bowl. Drain grease from pot.
4. Add ingredients of bowl back into the pot and add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Add potatoes and carrots, and cook over medium heat until carrots and potatoes and tender.
5. Add buttermilk and warm to a suitable temperature; serve. Suitable garnishes include: chopped basil leaves, fresh grated parmesan cheese, chives, crushed red peppers.