1/4 lb. Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
1/2 lb. white bread, cut into cubes
5 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
1 tsp minced sage
1/4 cup minced parsley
1 tsp. minced thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cups chicken stock
9 strips bacon
How to make Premio Bacon-Wrapped Sausage Stuffing Bites:
1. First, preheat your oven to 350°F. To begin making your stuffing, brown your sausage meat in a small skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains, then set aside in a bowl.
2. Next, lay our your breadcrumbs on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and toast in the oven at 350 for five to 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown. Then, turn your oven up to 375.
3. In a medium skillet, add your butter, celery and onions and saute on medium heat until softened. Then, add sage, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg and remove the skillet from the heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine your sausage meat and breadcrumbs with your spiced vegetables. Add in your beaten egg and chicken stock and stir until well-mixed. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray, then cut each strip of bacon in half.
5. Shape your stuffing into small balls the size of golf balls, place in the center of each piece of bacon and wrap the sides of the bacon around the stuffing to form a small roll, securing each with a toothpick.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, pat with a paper towel and serve hot.
Love our Sweet Italian Sausage in your stuffing bites? Try all our sausage varieties today.
Search for Premio products in a store near you.