2 cups Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, casings removed and cooked
1 large butternut squash
1 cup canned black beans
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup sliced red bell pepper
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Butternut Squash Fajitas:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). In preheated oven, oven roast a cleaned and cut butternut squash until soft to touch, about 20-25 minutes.
2. In a non-stick skillet, sauté Premio Chicken Sausage with olive oil until cooked thoroughly. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder; blend well.
3. Add black beans and red pepper to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Top roasted squash with Premio sausage mixture and shredded pepper jack cheese; serve.
SERVES: 2-4SERVES: 2-4