14 ounces Premio Italian Chicken Sausage with Cheese & Garlic, removed from casing
1/2 cup minced onion
3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, picked from stems
2 eggs, whisked
4 tablespoons oat bran or semolina flour
3 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Cheese & Garlic Chicken Sausage Stuffed Squash:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Bake squash, cut side down, in a shallow sheet tray with ½-inch of water. Cook for about 10-12 minutes (flesh should still be firm). Remove from heat, turn upright, season with salt & pepper and cover.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add Premio Sausage and cook, breaking meat up as it cooks. Once sausage starts to brown, add onions and continue to stir for 5 minutes. Add thyme and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk oat bran or semolina into eggs until smooth. Season with salt & pepper. Combine well the sausage mixture with the egg mixture.
4. Divide sausage mixture evenly among the 8 halves of squash. Bake in preheated over for 15-20 minutes, until the eggs are set.
5. While the stuffed squash is baking, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Once cooled slightly, squash can be sliced 1-inch thick for presentation. Drizzle with lemon/olive oil dressing. Serve & Enjoy.
SERVES: 4-5SERVES: 4-5