2 cups Premio Mild Italian Sausage, casings removed and browned
1/2 cup white corn
1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
2 cups prepared pancake mix
3 cups canola oil for frying
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Garden Sausage Fritters:
1. In a bowl, combine cooked Premio Sausage with herbs and vegetables.
2. In a separate, large bowl, mix pancake mix with 1 egg. Add water per directions, ensuring mixture will be thick.
3. Add sausage mixture to batter and let set for 5 minutes.
4. Drop 2-inch scoops of batter into hot canola oil and brown (they will float when done). Serve with a favorite dipping sauce.
SERVES: 10SERVES: 10