1 pound Premio , casing removed
1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
8 ounces soft cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
12 slices of pepper bacon, cut in half
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos:
1. In a medium frying pan, add Premio Chorizo Sausage and brown, according to package directions.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, Mexican cheese, and cayenne pepper. Add to the sausage mix.
3. By teaspoon, add sauage-cheese mixture into the halved jalapeno peppers. Wrap each jalapeno with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
4. Using a drip pan, place jalapenos over the pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 17-20 minutes on each side, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees (F).
5. Grill, covered, over direct heat for 1-2 minutes longer or until bacon is crisp. Let cool and enjoy.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6