16 ounces Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
6 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 cup sweet onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups orzo, cooked and cooled
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Italian Sausage and Orzo Frittata:
1. Preheat broiler. Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add cream to bowl and beat until slightly frothy. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan; season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Chop 4 basil leaves and stir into eggs. Crumble Premio Sausage into a large, oven-safe non-stick skillet; brown well over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
3. Add onion, season with salt and pepper and cook until onion softens. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and orzo to skillet; stir until heated through.
4. Pour eggs over sausage mixture; cook until barely set. Sprinkle evenly with remaining parmesan.
5. Place skillet under broiler briefly until top is golden, watching carefully. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.