Ingredients:1/2 lb. cubed smoked bacon
2 white onions, sliced thinly
3 large carrots, chopped
4 large white potatoes, sliced
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 cup beef stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups Guinness or Irish stout beer
Salt and pepper to taste
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Coddle:
Hoping to serve up a traditional Irish dish this St. Patrick’s Day or simply honor your Irish heritage with a taste of home? This classic sausage coddle will warm your heart and fill your home with an Irish flavor.
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook your sausage and bacon cubes for about 10 minutes or until sausages are browned on both sides. When cooked, slice sausage into chunks and set the meat aside.
2. In a 9×13-in. baking dish, arrange your vegetables in layers. Lay out 1/3 of your onions and top with a layer of 1/3 of your carrots and 1/3 sliced potatoes. Top potato layer with a layer of 1/3 sausage and bacon, then repeat this pattern, layering your vegetables and meat until you’ve used all the ingredients.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm your beef stock and pour in your Guinness and cream. Mix together, then pour your sauce over the vegetables and meat casserole, letting it fill the spaces between layers.
4. Bake in your preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender and flavors are mixed. Enjoy!
Eating up the great taste of our sausage in this recipe? Try all Premio’s delicious sausage varieties.
Find our products in a store near you today.