- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Mac n' Cheese:
1. In a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture has the consistency of wet sand. Slowly pour in the warmed milk while constantly whisking (the mixture will become extremely thick, but thin as more milk is added). Continue whisking until smooth.
2. Bring the mixture to a low boil, stirring often to prevent scorching. Season with salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add grated cheese until smooth.
3. Mix the cooked pasta and Premio Sausage into the sauce. Transfer to an oven-proof baking dish and spread evenly. Top with more of the grated Parmesan.
4. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees (F) until golden brown and bubbly. Remove, let cool and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)