3 Premio Chorizo Sausage links, removed from casings
10 ounces smoked Gouda, grated
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped red onions
4 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
14 large jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut in half
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown Premio Sausage for about 10 minutes. Drain and place into a large mixing bowl.
2. To the chorizo, add the cheese, egg, cream cheese, red onion, sour cream, cilantro, hot sauce and salt & pepper, to taste.
3. Press into jalapeno halves and place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until bubbling and golden-brown. Remove from oven and cool.
SERVINGS: 28 (appetizer)