14 ounces Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
2 cans white beans
4 Roma tomatoes, split lengthwise
1 large red onion
8 whole shallots, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 anchovies, mashed (or 2 tablespoons anchovy paste)
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
Olive oil, salt & pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 recipe cooked polenta
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sweet Chicken Sausage with White Beans, Roasted Vegetables and Polenta:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Cut onion into 8 wedges. Toss the onions, shallots and tomatoes with olive oil and salt & pepper. Spread out on sheet pan and roast in preheated oven until brown and soft, approximately 20-25 minutes.
2. In the meantime, brown and cook Premio Sausage according to package instructions, stirring frequently to brown on all sides. Remove from heat and reserve.
3. In the same pan, sauté chopped onions and garlic, covered, until soft. Add anchovy and tomato pastes; cook for 5 minutes. Add wine and simmer until reduced by ½. Add beans, with their juice; mix well and season with salt and plenty of black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes and reserve.
4. Combine the roasted vegetables with the sausage and any juices. Toss with chopped fresh herbs. Heat through if the vegetables took too long in the oven.
5. Line a casserole or individual bowls with soft polenta. Spoon over the beans and add the sausage & vegetables on top.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6