1 pound Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to coat the skillet
Ground fennel seeds, to taste
Fresh basil leaves, to taste
1 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 pound rigatoni
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Rigatoni Alla Premio:
1. Heat a pan over medium-low heat until hot. Add a small amount of oil (no more than 2 tablespoons) to the pan and swirl to coat. Let the oil heat for a few seconds.
2. Add the diced onion to the pan along with a healthy pinch of salt. Adjust the heat to low.
3. Once the onions are softened and translucent, about 5-10 minutes, add Premio Sausage in bits and brown on all sides, using a fork to break it into a crumble. Add the wine and cook for 1 additional minute.
4. Add the basil, fennel and cream; simmer for 20 minutes until the sausage has cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add rigatoni pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and toss with sauce.
6. Serve with Pecorino Romano and a basil leaf as garnish.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4