1/2 pound Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1 large celery stalk, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
5 tablespoons hazelnuts
1/3 cup picked parsley leaves
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 ground cinnamon
1/4 ground allspice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Salt and pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Roasted Cauliflower and Pomegranate Salad with Sausage:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a medium skillet, sauté sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Break up meat into crumbles or bite-sized pieces and cook until browned. Set aside.
3. Mix cauliflower with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons olive oil, then spread it out on a roasting pan or baking sheet. Place on the top rack of the oven and roast at 425 degrees for 25-35 minutes. Once finished, the cauliflower will be crisp and golden brown. Remove from oven, place in a large mixing bowl and put aside.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees, then spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 17 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool.
5. Chop hazelnuts coarsely, then combine in the bowl with the roasted cauliflower. Add in sausage, maple syrup, red wine vinegar, allspice, cinnamon, pomegranate seeds, parsley leaves, celery and remaining olive oil. Toss together until mixed and serve at room temperature for a romantic, healthy meal! Enjoy!