2 cups masa harina
1 cup water
2 cups Premio Chorizo Sausage, ground
1/2 cup diced yellow onions
1/4 cup canned roasted chiles
3 cups shredded cabrales cheese
1 cup flour
8 masa rounds
2 cups filling
2 cups shredded cabage
2 tablespoons cilantro
1/2 cup yellow onion, julienned
1/3 cup carrots, julienned
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
Mix all together in bowl and chill.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Salvadorian Style Pupusas Filled with Premio Chorizo and Cabrales Cheese:
1. Mix harina and water until smooth. Knead and cover for 10 minutes. 2. Form mixture into eight 2-inch balls and roll out until they are 6-inch in diameter.
1. In a sautee pan, cook onions and Premio Sausage through. Drain and let cool.
2. Once cold , mix in chiles and cheese. Add salt to taste.
1. Dust work area with flour. Place 4 masa rounds on flour. Place large spoonfull of filling in center of masa.
2. Place remaining masa rounds over filling and pinch edges to seal. Pan fry pupusas until lightly crispy.
3. Place two pupusas in center of plate and top with slaw.
SERVES: 3-5SERVES: 3-5