Ingredients:2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 celery root, peeled & diced
1 medium turnip, peeled & cut into small pieces
1/2 butternut squash, peeled & diced
1 Vidalia onion, diced
2 parsnips, peeled, sliced off core & diced
2 Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
Salt & pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage and Root Vegetable Skillet:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage in ½ tbsp. olive oil, stirring occasionally and breaking the meat into small, bite-sized pieces. When browned and cooked through, cover and set aside.
2. Wash, peel and chop your vegetables and combine potatoes, turnip, parsnips, celery root, squash and onion in a rimmed baking sheet. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, along with the thyme, rosemary, and pepper and salt to taste. Using your hands, toss to coat evenly with spices and oil.
3. At 350 degrees, roast vegetables in the oven for 40 minutes until golden and tender. Flip once if necessary.
4. Once vegetables are cooked, combine with sausages in skillet and mix. Serve hot.