Ingredients:1 oz. turkey pepperoni, sliced and chopped into bits
8 tbsp. pizza sauce
4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
4 flour or corn tortillas
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage and Pepperoni Pizzadillas:
Do you love the cheesy, handheld goodness of a good slice of pizza or a quesadilla? You’ll love pizzadillas more! Combining tempting Italian flavors in a classic Mexican form, these sausage and pepperoni pizza quesadillas are delicious and easy to make.
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add your chicken sausage with some olive oil or butter and cook until browned and firm, breaking into bite-sized chunks and stirring occasionally. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2. In the large bowl with the sausage, add pepperoni pieces and pizza sauce and stir to combine. On a dry, clean surface, lay out your tortillas. Sprinkle mozzarella over half of each tortilla, then spread some of the sausage and pepperoni mixture over the cheese. Add more cheese over the meat layer and fold the empty half of each tortilla over to make the quesadillas.
3. Lightly coat each side of the quesadillas with cooking spray and place them in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about two minutes on each side or until the tortilla is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
4. Remove from heat, cut each quesadilla into pizza-like triangles with a pizza cutter and enjoy this unique meal!
Love the way our Hot and Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage heats up your pizzadillas? Try all our Premio Sausage varieties when you search for our products in a store near you today.