- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Stars:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl for a stand mixer, combine cheddar cheese, butter, half-and-half and salt. Beat at a medium speed until everything is blended well together.
3. Slowly add Premio sausage, meat flour, mozzarella cheese and basil to the bowl. Mix until soft and evenly blended.
4. Turn the dough onto a prepared, flour work surface, and divide into 3 equal portions. Roll out each to about 1/8-inch thick.
5. Using a star cutter (or cutter of your choice), cut the crackers out. Place each 1-inch apart on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
6. Place into preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove and cool on wire racks before serving warm or hot, with your favorite spread.