2-3 links Premio Hot Italian Sausage
1 onion, finely chopped
1 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
2 minced garlic cloves
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 tablespoon ketchup
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sautéed Spicy Sausage & Mushrooms:
1. Cut sausage links into even rounds before placing them in a medium sauté pan with olive oil over medium heat. While sausage rounds are browning, add onions and stir lightly for 8 minutes.
2. Add in mushrooms and garlic and sauté until the veggies begin to brown.
3. Add a pinch of salt and pepper as well as the ketchup and stir ingredients together until everything is lightly coated.
4. Once everything is lightly browned, dinner can be enjoyed with a side of quinoa or rice!