1 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
1 package Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausage
Extra Virgin olive oil
5 carrots, finely chopped
5 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 head garlic, minced
2 pounds ground beef
2 cups pinot grigio
3 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatos drained and crushed by hand
1 (12 ounce) can chicken stock
Kosher salt and ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
Garnish – fresh basil and parmesean cheese
1 pound pasta
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spaghetti Bolognese:
1. In a Large pot (preferably with a heavy bottom) heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook for about 12 minutes until vegetables are tender but NOT browned.
2. Raise heat, add ground beef and ground Premio Sausage meat, breaking into chunks; cook until browned. Add Premio Sweet Basil Italian Sausages.
3. Add wine and simmer until wine has evaporated. Add tomatos and chicken stock, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens, about 3 -5 hours. Add milk and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour (the milk will make the meat extremely tender). Transfer half the sauce to a container, to refridgerate for up to a week (or freeze for up to a month).
5. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss sauce with pasta and garnish with grated parmesean cheese and fresh torn basil.