1 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, casings removed
12 ounces spaghetti
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound zucchini and/or summer squash (about 4 small), thinly sliced
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spaghetti with PREMIO Pesto Chicken Sausage and Zucchini:
1. In a large pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the Premio Sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the zucchini and/or squash, onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and _ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until the vegetables are golden and very tender, about 15 to 18 minutes (reduce heat if the pan begins to darken).
4. Add 2 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes and sausage back to the pan; stir and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Toss the pasta with the sausage, vegetables, Parmesan, oregano and _ cup of the reserved cooking water (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Serve with additional Parmesan.
SERVES: 4SERVES: 4